F4U-4 Corsair Carburetor - Stromberg Model PR-58E5 - Restoration Project
For a warbird restoration, display showcase, or a totally unique mancave artifact - this F4U-4 Corsair Carburetor is ready to work on or set out for display!
One of the fastest Corsairs and a newly-tooled design of the venerable F4U-1 series, the F4U-4 included the new downdraft type carburetor which helped chase down Zeros at 4000 feet per minute.
- This is a WWII era/Korean War period F4U-4 Corsair carburetor
- History: This part came from NAS JAX -Florida and was issued as a service replacement component for the Pratt and Whitney R-2800-18W engine.
- Type: Stromberg model PR-58E5
- We've sold many of these in the past, and this one would need further investigation for proper use on actual warbird. Not inspected for actual safety use.
- A totally unique item for a mancave, restoration or any Corsair warbird enthusiast!
- Condition Rating: ***** (of 5)
- Is currently in rebuildable condition
- Previously owned
- Only items photographed are included with the original item (see photos)