Original WW2 P-51/P-38 AN/ARA-8 (Antenna Relay) VHF Homing Adapter
A functional and rare component for your collection or P-51/P-38 restoration project. This is component of the AN/ARA-8 VHF homing adapter designed for use in the P-51 Mustang and P-38 Lightning.
This was an early method to keep pilots on course by way of a continuous tone being heard. If the pilot strayed off course, the homing adapter would give a dot-dot-dash or a dash-dot-dot signal indicating for the pilot to veer back to the left or right.
- This is a very unique and functional WWII collectible which also has current application as a ham radio remote antenna switch, OR for your vintage P-38 or P-51!!. It is very well constructed and fully MFP'ed.
- Manufacturer date appears to be 1945 at or near the end of the War.
This unit tests well with positive relay pull-in at 28 VDC--after 70 years!!!
Contract No. NOS 78136
- Makes a great addition to any collection!
- Condition Rating: ***** (of 5)
- Previously owned
- Only items photographed are included with the original item (see photos)